The Shawnee Challenge is now LIVE! Now YOU can register today (for free) and complete the challenge (at your own pace). Please check out our Safety Tips Blog for more information on how to safely complete this challenge. Always put safety first, folks! As the challenge moves forward, so will the improvements including the addition of more challenge trails as well as an equestrian challenge and a paddling/kayak/canoe challenge, too! Stay tuned for those improvements to occur in the future.
A special thanks to…
We at Shawnee Challenge would like to give a special thanks to:
- Southernmost Illinois Tourism for being the biggest supporter and contributor of this challenge. Southernmost Illinois really cares a lot for this area and I encourage you to check them out!
- US Forest Service – Shawnee National Forest for being a supporter of this challenge. Much of the trail is located along Shawnee National Forest land around the Lake Glendale area.
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources for being a supporting partner of this challenge. A portion, a quite popular portion, of this trail is located on Dixon Springs State Park near Golconda.
- Shawnee Mountain Bike Association for being a supporting partner of this challenge. SMBA has been a pivotal organization in getting these mountain bike trails designated.
- Friends of the Shawnee National Forest for being a supporting partner of this challenge. The Friends is an organization dedicated to supporting all activities within the Shawnee.
I don’t wish to plug myself too much but since I thought of this challenge, I will let you all know, this is an official challenge of Hiking with Shawn. You all know who I am, that is good enough, LOL.